Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Neck Bone Dinner


I have to admit, I was a little sketchy about posting this dish. However, I wanted to take a walk on the wild side and show off my country side. This taste of heaven is neck bones with gravy over white rice. The key to making good neck bones is slow cooking them until the meat is falling off the bones. I woke up early in the morning to start cooking the neck bones in some herbs and spices. Then once the meat was tender, I was able to make the gravy from the juices in the pot. Neck bones pair well with white rice, collard greens, corn bread, or even cabbage. I kept it simple with the white rice, but you can get creative with your sides. I would consider neck bones a country classic that is soulful and delicious.

FYI: Further Details...

FOOD TIP: Cook neck bones over low heat, so the meat tenderizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment