Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

The BEST Lunch



The best part about being a food critic is trying the food and meeting new people in the food industry. During my last lunch outing, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. A.J. from Lenny’s Sub Shop. It was my first time visiting the new sub shop, but I felt welcomed the moment I walked in. I didn’t know what to order; however, Mr. A.J. was a big help during the process. This taste of heaven is an Italian sub. Its provolone cheese, ham, prosciutto, capicola, Genoa salami, lettuce, tomato, pickle, mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, and fresh crushed black pepper on whole wheat bread. Lenny’s Sub Shop is definitely NOT stingy with their cold cuts. The Italian sub was loaded with the freshest veggies and the best meats. I ordered the combo, so I had the option of choosing a cookie or chips to compliment with my sub. I never have any room for dessert, so I chose the original potato chips instead. After eating half of my sub, I bagged up my leftovers and proceeded to throw my trash away. I scanned the room for trash cans, but I couldn't find one. Mr. A.J. informed me that there weren't any trash cans for a reason. At Lenny’s Sub Shop, the employees are supposed to visit the tables to interact with the customers and to dispose of any trash. I have to be honest, I was blown away by the news. From my experience, it’s very rare that restaurants show their appreciation to the customers; it felt good to know that great restaurants still exist. I genuinely enjoyed my experience at Lenny’s Sub Shop because the employees and Mr. A.J. went out of their way to make sure I had the BEST lunch. Thanks again. :D


FOOD TIP: The first impression means everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment