Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Spicy Mac N' Cheese


Macaroni and cheese has always been a favorite of mine. My family makes it from scratch every holiday. We make it the same way every time because it’s a family tradition. However, one of my friends made macaroni and cheese with a crouton crust. I was thrown off by the croutons, but I tried her recipe anyway. She told me to put hot sauce on top for an extra kick, so I drizzled some on my mac n’ cheese. The traditional recipe I grew up eating was transformed into something great. I went back for thirds, not seconds. It had a cheesy hot flavor with a light crunch on the side that I would compliment with bacon or sour cream. Sometimes you have to experiment with your food and try new things. I plan on making my friend’s spicy mac n' cheese recipe at the next family gathering. I hope they love it! :D

FYI: Further Details...

FOOD TIP: Bread that's aged makes great croutons.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Carole, how are you? I read your post about cheese, and I posted the Spicy Mac N' Cheese link to your blog. I hope that I can share some more links with you in the future. Thanks for your comment and I hope you come back to visit A Taste of Heaven again. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ciara - I have put in the link for you into Mr Linky. Would love you to link again. If you look at my Food on Friday sidebar you will see other ingredients that you could link up with. They are all still open.

      Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. I will check out your Friday posts to see which links I can post. Thanks again for your comments and feedback. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete