Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Jack on the Rocks


It’s been a long week, and you’re dying for a break. Well, I have the perfect solution. I’m introducing Whine Down Wednesdays. Every Wednesday I will offer a drink to the viewers. You don’t have to wait until the weekend arrives to enjoy a great drink. Take a break and have a sip of A Taste of Heaven.  

They say if you have a Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey straight on the rocks, then you won’t have a hangover the next morning. If you add coke and other mixtures to Jack Daniels, you’re adding impurities to the popular whiskey. I ventured off to Lynchburg, Tennessee to see how the famous Jack Daniel’s Whiskey is made. The distillery tour takes you on a journey of how Jack Daniels, himself, started and created the whiskey we know today. Our tour guide, Scarlet, was very comedic and informative about the history of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey. The tour was very interesting and hazardous, so I snapped as many pictures as I could before Scarlet banned the use of electronics. After the tour was complete, I was eager to have a shot of whiskey; however, it was Sunday in Lynchburg, Tennessee, so when I thought I was going to get lifted, I was given a cup of cold lemonade. I felt like I was getting Punk’d. 


FUN FACT: Jack Daniel forgot the combination to his safe, so he kicked it and broke his toe. He got an infection and died from blood poisoning. 






 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment