Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

Beer Belly


I have a few words to describe this beer belly chicken: juicy, falling of the bone, teriyaki, and dripping beer. We devoured this whole chicken. No one wanted to wait for me to carve the meat off the bone. If you look closely, someone stole a piece off of the drumstick. My friend slowly grilled the teriyaki chicken for a friendly gathering we had on Saturday. Everyone patiently waited for the whole chicken to come off the grill. I thinly sliced the chicken for quick grabs. Then we used smoked house barbecue sauce for our dipping. Talk about silence in the room, all you heard was, “Hmm this is good.” I learned something new: Stick an opened/half filled beer can in a whole chicken, so the steamy beer will make the meat tender and juicy. This technique sounds weird, but please trust me on this one. You will thank me later.

FYI: Further Details...

FOOD TIP: Slow cooking meats makes them tender and juicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment