Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Convince Me


When the holidays arrive, I try to hide from the kitchen sometimes. It’s not that I don’t enjoy cooking, but I like to enjoy the festivities like everyone else. On New Year’s Eve my best friend convinced me to make sirloin steak, shrimp scampi, and steamed broccoli. The shrimp scampi came out better than I thought it would. I used fresh minced garlic, butter, Italian seasoning, parsley, and some other secret ingredients. The steak was dressed with crushed black pepper, Mrs. Dash Steak Blend, Oregano, and Goya Adobe All-Purpose Seasoning. My friend likes her steak cooked well done, but I prefer mine medium rare. Whenever I make steak, she NEVER wants to try it another way (Side Note: I’m going to convince her to try the medium rare one day). I think the only way to be adventurous in the kitchen is to try new things, but she’s just a tough cookie that I can’t crack.

FYI: Further Details...

FOOD TIP: Use Worcestershire sauce when you make your next steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment