Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday Madness


HEADLINE NEWS: I’m NOT the sappy type, but I kind of missed posting on my blog. I’ve been SUPER busy, and I’ve been making some major power moves. Currently, I’m in the city with Grandma, and I’m having a great time minus the pneumonia that’s floating around the house. (Side Note: Grandma is sick with pneumonia) Since Grandma is under the weather, I took the initiative to make the whole Christmas dinner for the family. I threw on my cape and transformed into Superwoman. My grandma is my heart, so I would do any and everything for her. The holiday menu consisted of oxtails, honey baked ham, turkey, collard greens, spring peas, dressing, sweet potato soufflé, macaroni and cheese, cranberry sauce, chocolate cake, Dutch apple pie, and red velvet Christmas cake. Yes, I made EVERYTHING by myself from scratch EXCEPT the desserts. I started the holiday cooking at 4:30 pm on Christmas Eve and I did not finish until 4:00 pm the next day. Although I’m working off of 4 hours of sleep, it felt good being able to make dinner for my family. They can get on my nerves at times, but they warm my heart at the same time.                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment