Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Feature of the Week: Nov. 8-14



A Taste of Heaven would not exist if it were not for the audience, so I want to show my appreciation by dedicating Thursdays to the fans. If you eat or make a dish of your own and its camera ready, then you can email me your photos. I will review and post them on Thursday.  It’s important to remember presentation, style, and taste. I look forward to seeing your Taste of Heaven. 


Description: I’m SUPER excited about this feature of the week for four reasons: 
  1.  It’s the FIRST recipe to premiere on A Taste of Heaven
  2. The recipe came from another fellow blogger. (Blog: The Soapbox)
  3. It’s a vegetarian dish that’s healthy for the diet.
  4. I plan on making this recipe for a holiday appetizer.

Everyone knows that I’m a strong advocate for eating healthy. I’ve tried to become a vegetarian, but I didn’t work out because I lost too much weight. Since the veggie scene wasn’t for me, I tried to become a pescatarian, but I’m deeply in love with other types of meat (Pescatarian: People who abstain from eating all meat and animal flesh with the exception of fish. More and more people are adopting this kind of diet for health reasons or as a stepping stone for a full vegetarian diet). Unfortunately, the whole vegetarian/pescatarian movement is NOT going well; however, I maintain a balance diet as much as possible (Side Note: Please don’t judge me). This taste of heaven is homemade Vegetarian Mexican-Style Layer Bean Dip. Boy, I wish I had a bag of tortilla chips sitting next to me. I would take the first bite because I know this dip heavenly. The best part about it is that it’s loaded with tons of delicious ingredients. The Vegetarian Mexican-Style Layer Bean Dip would make a great appetizer or Scooby Snack. Thanks for this great feature Neel!

Ingredients:
(2 cans) Refried Beans
(1½ bottle) Taco Bell Brand Restaurant Sauce
(16 oz) Sour Cream
(3) Medium Tomatoes
(1) Medium Onion
(1½ Jar) Sliced Jalapenos
(1 bunch) Green Onions
(1 bunch) Cilantro
(½ tsp) Cumin
(½ tsp) Cayenne Pepper
(½ tsp) Lime Juice
 
Recipe: Vegetarian Mexican-Style Layer Bean Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment